Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Sandy's Thoughts on the Stimulus

I am by no means an 'economic guru', so I won't pretend I know whether or not this stimulus will help to fix our economy. However, the fact that they only offered a vague outline of their plan does annoy me. If they're putting this plan into effect, shouldn't they know all the details? And if they know the details, don't we deserve to know them? The plan seems to have left everyone with even more worries than before. But does it really matter if we have the details? Will that make anyone feel better?
Which brings me to another point! Everywhere you look there is coverage of this stimulus plan and everyone is analyzing it and criticizing it and expressing fears that it will fail. But what is the perfect solution for our economy? I don't think there is one wonderful solution that will magically make everything better. Everyone you talk to has a different plan, whether you talk to Wall Street executives or your next door neighbor. How will we ever find a way to fix the economy if we don't try anything? If it fails, that would be unfortunate but then we'll try something else. After all, isn't America supposed to be all about rising to a challenge?

1 comment:

  1. I agree. There should be more details in the stimulus.

    ReplyDelete